Written by: Jeffrey S. Ram, Toronto, Canada, May 4, 2021
On May 9th, Americans and Canadians will celebrate Mother's Day. They will acknowledge the love, affection, and care they received from their mothers. Sons and daughters will express their appreciation and gratitude to their mothers with flowers, gifts, thank you notes, and in many other ways. Mothers' dedication, devotion, and sacrifices for their children deserve "Thank You" and "Love You" messages every day.
TEN REASONS WHY EVERY DAY IS MOTHER'S DAY
1. Mothers are procreators and life-givers. As bearers of life, mothers participate in creation. Without mothers, the human race would disappear. The first sound that the babies hear is of their mothers' heartbeat from inside. Human babies are totally dependent on others during the early years. For them, life does not come with a manual; it comes with a mother.
2. Mothers' love and affection for their children are unconditional. Mothers' love for their children begins from even before their birth. For children, all love begins with their mothers, who are their first love. Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld said, "The only love that I really believe in is a mother's love for her children."
3. Mothers are full-time caregivers and nurturers. They work hard, but their work is never done! Mothers are multi-taskers; they are like jugglers. They also have a vast reservoir of energy. Mothers are the best cooks in the world. Adult children miss their food and call them to get the recipe. Mothers are superheroes and wonder women.
4. Mothers are the first teachers of their children. George Herbert rightly said, "One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters." Children learn manners, rules of good behaviour, moral values, and the art of living primarily from their mothers. Mothers provide wisdom, guidance, and strength to their children no matter how old the children are. The powerful influence of mothers' teachings lasts many generations.
5. Mothers are the best security blanket for their children. Mothers stick with their children even when everybody gives up on them. They take care of all the hurts and worries of their children. For their children, mothers have a spine of steel. Children can always lean on them. Mothers' support and security produce confident children and adults.
6. Mothers are the biggest well-wishers and cheerleaders of their children. Mother's unending prayers and blessings always follow their children. Mothers encourage and support their children to be the best they can be. They provide wisdom, guidance, and strength to their children no matter how old the children are. Mothers play a significant role in shaping their children's destiny by helping them grow, prosper, and reach great heights.
7. Mothers are the reliable support system. They are their children's first friend, best friend, and forever friend. They are the person even middle-aged children always turn to when they need advice, guidance, and help. Mothers are ever ready and never late to help. Mothers are a safe haven in life's storms.
8. Mothers silently and happily make sacrifices for their children. They put the happiness and well-being of children ahead of their own. They leave all their personal needs behind, so their children can have everything they need. Mothers do not sleep until their children come home, and they know that they are safe and sound.
9. Behind every great person is a great mother. George Washington said, "All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." Pablo Picasso, the famous painter, confided, "My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso."
10. Mothers are angels. Rudyard Kipling said it right, "God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers." An Arabic proverb echoes similar sentiments; "Heaven is at the feet of Mothers." William Makepeace Thackeray claimed, "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." Abraham Lincoln said, “All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
Mothers are so special that one day in a year is not enough to appreciate them and show one's love and gratitude for their sacrifices, services, and support. Without mothers, no human would have arrived in this world. Therefore, everyone should be thankful to their mothers every day.
WISHING ALL MOTHERS A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
[Toronto, Canada-based, ReformAdvocate.com aims to encourage religious and racial minorities, immigrants, women, and other weaker groups to become more powerful and prosperous. The subscription is free. Please subscribe.]
(if you have any suggestions to make the blog more effective and useful, please write to editor Jeffrey S. Ram at email@example.com)
REUSE THIS CONTENT/ SHARE THIS POST