WINNERS' QUALITIES FOR EMPOWERMENT – PART 2
Updated: Mar 21, 2021
Written by: Jeffrey S. Ram, Toronto, Canada, March 16, 2021
Life is a struggle for a large number of people all over the world. But life is a battle for a large section of Christian minorities, women, and other socio-economically vulnerable groups that are the target of discrimination, persecution, and violence. Winners' qualities, education, training, and apprenticeship can arm and enable the victimized people with knowledge, skills, capability, and confidence to face and defend themselves against the attacks of ruthless evil people and forces.
SOME MORE WINNERS' QUALITIES FOR EMPOWERMENT
1.Diligence: People with diligence are careful and conscientious hard workers. Successful people go the extra mile and do more than what they are paid for. According to sociologist Max Webber, the Protestant ethic of hard work, thrift, and efficient use of resources provided by God was one of the main reasons for prosperity in the western world. All over the world, small business owners and farmers work long hours, but they enjoy their freedom of being their own boss. High achievers also always work hard.
2. Self-Reliance: Self-reliant people do things and make decisions by themselves without needing other people to help them. They are self-sufficient. After the murder of 6 million European Jews by the Nazi regime and its collaborators in the Holocaust, the Jewish people realized that they would have to be self-reliant and protect themselves. Consequently, they fought and reclaimed their lost land and re-established the nation of Israel, which is a sanctuary for all the Jewish people. Now the Jewish people use their influence not only to protect themselves but also to oppose racism everywhere. Other groups who are eager to achieve self-empowerment and self-reliance for security can learn from the Jewish people's success.
3. Risk-taking: Every endeavour and enterprise involves risks. People have to take risks to achieve things and be successful. One example of the risk-takers is the people who move to other countries as migrant workers or immigrants or refugees and succeed in improving their condition. The former U.S. President Barak Obama, the current U.S. Vice-President Kamala Harris, Sikh cabinet ministers in Canada, and London's first Muslim mayor and first ethnic minority mayor Sadiq Khan are some examples of immigrants and their children who succeeded in the political field. Immigrants and refugees and their children are shining in every area in the western countries.
4. Soft Skills: Wikipedia defines soft skills as "a combination of people skills, social skills, communication skills, character or personality traits, attitudes, mindsets, career attributes, social intelligence and emotional intelligence quotients, among others." For achieving success, soft skills are also important. Hard skills in performing the job are not enough.
5. Self-Confidence, Assertiveness, and courage: Many people with self-confidence, assertiveness, and courage have accomplished what was thought impossible.
Mahatma Gandhi challenged British rule and won freedom for India.
Martin Luther King Junior led the American civil rights movement and succeeded in ending the legal segregation of African Americans in the South and other parts of the United States. Nelson Mandela, the first Black president of South Africa, fought against the apartheid racial segregation system and succeeded in establishing the majority rule.
Terrance Stanley Fox (1958 -1981), popularly known as Terry Fox, is a Canadian national hero who battled against cancer and raised millions of dollars for cancer research through his Marathon of Hope.
Malala Yousafzai is the youngest recipient of the Nobel Prize. Malala, a Pakistani activist, champions the cause of education for women and children.
6. Selecting good people as friends, companions, and business associates: Good people are pleasant and enjoyable, kind, morally correct in their behaviour and character. People are known by the company they keep. Therefore, the selection of good people as friends, companions, and business associates is proof of smartness.
7. Life-long learning: Due to new developments in knowledge and technology in the workplace and business, life-long learning is necessary. Winners are life-long learners. They use formal and informal education and experience to increase their knowledge and skills.
8.Resilience and perseverance: The vital qualities of resilience and perseverance help people advance from being an underdog to becoming a success. As Sylvester Stallone’s winning character Rocky rightly says, “It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward - that’s how winning is done.”
GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.
The social, economic, and political strength acquired through the strategic use of winning qualities can shield the vulnerable minorities and groups from social, economic, and political tyrannies and persecution. Therefore, members of such minorities and groups should apply the winning qualities to thrive, empower, and protect themselves.
[Toronto, Canada-based, ReformAdvocate.com aims to encourage religious and racial minorities, immigrants, women and other weaker groups to become more powerful and prosperous. The subscription is free. Please subscribe.] (if you have any suggestions to make the blog more effective and useful, please write to editor Jeffrey S. Ram at email@example.com)
REUSE THIS CONTENT/ SHARE THIS POST